Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'm really sad...

I haven't worked out all week. Mostly because I was at a conference in Austin. Well, that's not actually true. I worked out on Tuesday in the hotel facility, but my shins were killing me after. THIS leads me to believe that I have stress fractures in my shins. I went to the clinic last weekend and Gunta, the German doctor at the clinic, said that I have at the VERY LEAST shin splints. I need to take it easy and ice my shins four times a day for 1o minutes at a time. IF I start back up to running after a few weeks (I'm thinking two since she didn't actually give me a specified time frame) and it still hurts, I'll need an MRI b/c most likely I have stress fractures. SooOOOooo I've been off my feet most of the week. I tried cycling b/c it's no impact, but even that hurt. I'm sad.
This puts my training off for WEEKS. Everyone keeps telling me to forget the marathon and just run the half, but I hate that thought. IDK, we'll see after next week where I'm at and decide from there. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment