Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dia de los Muertos is Friday!

True story:

Sandy, my confirmation sponsor, and I were talking about how to "be" with God. I told her about how I feel closest to God during and soon after my runs. So after three weeks of making excuses for NOT running, I bought a headlamp and laced up and headed out tonight. A little under 1/2 way through my night run (making pretty good pace and after a sad attempt at the rosary) I thought to myself, running in the dark out here in the middle of nowhere is usually a stereotypical setting for a horror movie (running into an axe killer, grizzly bear, zombies). I prayed harder and louder b/c of my paranoia and what did I almost step on? A RATTLESNAKE!!! I quickly started reciting my guardian angel prayer, backed up S-L-O-W-L-Y and ran all the way back home.

I really hope my run on Friday doesn't have snakes ... or axe killers ... or grizzly bears ... or zombies.

So, I went out to RMAO. Have you RYAO lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment