Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wurst 5 Mile Run

It wasn't 28 degrees, but mid 40s is still pretty chilly. Nothing like running a slow and steady 5 miles to warm me up. Our group almost got plowed by a deer (thank goodness it wasn't a BUCK), but we made it back safely. Didn't get to stick around for the free beer and sausage, but breakfast with Ashton and Patti was well worth it. I can't believe that I have 8 days until my half marathon. Am I nervous? AB-SO-LUTE-LY!!! But as I've always said it, I'm not in it to win it. I'm in it to finish it. I've been following the Becca Vachon half marathon training plan so I hope to do well. Note to self: wake up early, eat a good breakfast, and take a towel to lay on the sidewalk until my corral is set to go. I need to find a race for December and January. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment