Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Why do I run?

Why do I run? I run so I don't have a stupidity induced stroke caused by other people.
That was my facebook post today. I had a really tough day, mentally, and could feel my positive energy getting sucked from my soul. It wasn't long before EVERYONE was getting on my nerves today. I'm not normally a negative individual, but my surroundings got the best of me today.

I couldn't wait to get home to get a run in. I was pretty beat so I took a nap for about an hour then I got up and laced up. For only the second time, Arnold (my Brittany Spaniel), came along. I was worried about the cattle guard. I wasn't sure if he'd figure out how to get over it and I was right in thinking he'd get stymied. As I approached, he looked at me, and I decided to turn around and run back to the house. It was probably for the best. He was tired and it was ONE HUNDRED degrees. Did I mention it was 9:00 pm when we got done? ONE HUNDRED!!! Jeez...

After winding down, I feel so much better...from my soul to my sole! *wink-wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment